Some useful websites and video links
BSS-Support was formed in February 2019. Our aim is to ensure support is available for former boarders who were sent away from home as children and find the experience has been damaging.
- Believes sending children away to boarding school can harm their emotional development
- Supports former boarders addressing boarding issues they become aware of in their adult lives
- Supports partners and family members of former boarders
- Gives help and information about possible boarding issues to prospective boarding parents
- Supports research into the effects of boarding
- Publishes books and articles on boarding issues
- Responds to enquiries from the press and the public about boarding issues
- Holds regular conferences addressing present and former boarders’ issues
- Publishes regular newsletters
- Welcomes contact and letters and responds to all enquiries confidentially
- Above all, helps former boarders concerned about their time at school know that they are not alone
This organisation researches, lectures, writes and broadcasts about the psychological effects of sending children away to school, and runs a programme of therapeutic workshops for adults who have recognised that they may have paid a price for their education, and are looking for ways to understand and heal their wounds.